E.ON plans to shut two Swedish nuclear reactors -operator

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

OSLO, June 23 (Reuters) - Sweden's OKG, a part of E.ON group, said on Tuesday it would decide in the third-quarter whether to permanently shut down two nuclear reactors at its Oskarshamn plant in Sweden.

"E.ON has informed of its intention as majority owner of OKG AB to pursue a direction to permanently discontinue electricity production at OKG unit 2 as soon as possible," OKG said in a market message.

The 638-megawatt reactor has been offline since May 2013 and may never restart if OKG board

decides to shut it permanently, the operator added.

E.ON also wants to discontinue power production at the 473 MW Oskarhsman-1 nuclear reactor after receiving relevant permissions from the regulator, which is expected sometime during the period 2017-2019, it said in a separate message.

E.ON has 54.5 percent stake in Oskarshamn plant on Sweden's eastern coast, and Finland's Fortum holds the remaining 45.5 percent.

Posted in |